Wednesday, July 18, 2007

birthday help

Okay, so it's my birthday in less than a week and my loving husband wants to cook me a fancy dinner. Sounds good, right? Well, since I am the list-loving/ plan-way-in-advance type, I am having trouble with the fact that he seems to have no ideas on what to make.
This worries me.
It worries me because I certainly don't want to have burgers or pizza for my birthday dinner! Mony means well but I think it's a male species thing where they don't plan until the last minute and then panic.

This is where you guys come in....please give us your ideas on what Mony should cook for me.

Keep in mind:
1) He's planning on cooking this Saturday
2) Back in March, for his birthday, I made for him a beautiful 3 course meal with champagne and the works!
3) No pasta...but everything else is fair game.

Don't let me down, guys! Plus you know we'll be blogging about it this weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raspberry (from your CSA pack)tiramisu for dessert!

Hillary said...

Hmmm...let's see. I'm not sure what your taste is, but one of my personal favorite meals is Greek chicken with potatoes. The chicken is doused in lemon juice and herbs, and it is served with greek yoghurt, feta cheese and more lemons! I clean off my plate every time and still want more!

If you like this idea, here is a good recipe from Recipe4Living.com:
Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes

Annie Ruok said...

Well, when I think of fancy dinners, I think of lamb & I think you guys don't make it super often from what I see on the blog, so it may be a nice treat that is not too difficult to do (& it involves bbq, which Mony is good at!). I found a nice dinner party menu (see link below) - it's 7 courses, but maybe he could do the lamb (the sauce is with wine which I know u guys like!) with maybe the shrimp or the olive appetizer to start. Include asparagus or another fresh veggie with garlic mashed potatoes. And to top it off, the raspberry panacotta. Just cut the lamb recipe down to 1/3 of the ingredients since you are only cooking for two, and probably the other recipes too.

Shawn could never pull off a meal like this, but Mony sounds pretty competent & seems to know his way around the kitchen! Good luck!

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Menu/MenuIndex.htm

Annie Ruok said...

sorry it is the lamb with pinot noir marinade menu

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Menu/Dinner26_GrilledRackLamb.htm

Anonymous said...

I think for appetizers you should do an antipasti plate with either stuffed shrimp or stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto...or since it's the season for zucchini, stuffed zucchini flowers.

Now I'm hungry!

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect menu...
Starters: Lobster and Shrimp grilled with Lemon, garlic and white wine or Crispy Crab Cakes with a Lemon Aioli.

Salad: mixed greens with mango and clementine segments.

Main: Either Rack of Lamb or Filet Mignon on Creamy Parmesan Polenta with some wilted greens..ie: Spinach/kale

Dessert: either Creme Brulee or Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries.

Delic! AG

Anonymous said...

Stuffed breast of chicken with goat cheese and herbs served on a bed of scalloped potatoes and mixed greens on the side, for dessert mixed berries soaked in orange liquor.

Anonymous said...

Pizza and some fries and use the fries as candles and put on pizza.

Annie Ruok said...

Kenny's suggestion is THE BEST! Lol!